How to choose the best day-care centre for your kid
As a parent are you worried about sending your kid to day-care? Surely yes. Its nerving for every parent to leave their kid in a day-care centre. A day-care centre is the first outing for your kid, where they are separated from your warmth and protected zone. However, a little observation and research can help you take the right decision.
Your child is like a plain canvas, whatever they experience during this stage makes impression on him that may define his future behaviour.
Moreover, a day-care centre cannot be like your home to your child, but it must be conducive. Such a place where your kid has enough material accompanied with good environment and loving care-takers and staffs to make them feel comfortable and secure.
What are the 5 crucial points you as a parent must consider when choosing a day-care for your kids?
1. Environment of the day-care
The space that your child is to stay, share and enjoy for a good number of hours, obviously needs to be clean, attractive, open and allow your child to explore and play. Your kid must learn to explore their environment and develop motor skills, like holding, grasping and socializing with care-takers and his peers. The day-care must have play area complimented with colourful rooms with plenty of edutainment toys, sand pit with buckets and trowels, and many more play- cum learning tools.
2. Role of the care-taker
From your lap the child falls in the hand of care-takers. The care-taker is the next important person after you, who will impact your child greatly. Hence, care-takers should be well qualified with knowledge of child development and learning. A qualified, soft spoken, loving care-taker can influence and stay with your child in his memory for long time. Your child may imbibe many habits and styles from the care-taker.
You must note the care-taker’s presentation, patience with children, speaking skills- soft and clear, how well she conducts herself with the children, all are crucial aspects, that will impact your kid.
3. Well behaved staff-
Along with care-takers the co-helpers and staff also play an important role in your child’s growth. It’s the co-helpers who feed, take your child to wash-room and change and clean when needed. So, you as a parent must also check the quality of co-helpers. However, day-care centres are extremely careful in employing staffs and do the necessary checking’s.
4. How & What the child will learn in day-care centre
Day-care centre is a stepping stone to the primary school. Your child gets prepared for the big school; hence you must observe if your kid will be taught all the important things. For better perspective you must talk and take opinion of other parents and observe the already enrolled children.
- Your child learns time management- play time, tiffin time, story time, fun time etc.
- Your child gets toilet trained. Learns to use toilet by himself with little assistant.
- Your child learns to identify and take care of his belongings. As your kid grows, he can recognize and acknowledge his bag, tiffin, shoes etc.
- Your kid learns to socialize, play with their own age group, make friends, learn to recognize his name and his friends name, learns behaviour traits with care-takers and among his groups.
- Pre-writing skills- your kid can use crayons and chalks for drawing, scribbling, etc. gradually your kid learns to hold and control his hands which later helps them to use pencils for writing.
- Listening and identifying words- your kid can recite songs, poems, dance, do yoga and many more activities. He is slowly introduced to alphabets and phonetic sounds, which help him to identify and speak letters.
5. You as a Parent must also look to other essential facilities a day-care centre must have
- A neat, clean, heathy and hygienic environment that includes children-friendly clean toilets and wash areas.
- Safe playground areas with outdoor children equipment, sandpit, etc.
- Proper and comfortable rest and eating tiffin areas.
- CCTV monitoring, security guards, fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Good and safe transport facility.
- Proximity to home, so that the child need not travel for long distance in the beginning, and parents can also reach easily to the child in any need.
Ykrok that stays on its motto -your kids R our kids deliver all the facilities like it would for their own kids- nothing but the best; and hence is one of the best day-care centres in Bangalore.