Best Day Care Centre For Your Kid: As a parent are you worried about sending your kid to daycare? Surely yes. It’s nerving for every parent to leave their kid in a day-care centre. A daycare centre is the first outing for your kid, where they are separated from your warmth and protected zone. However, a little observation and research can help you take the right decision.
Your child is like a plain canvas, whatever they experience during this stage makes an impression on him that may define his future behaviour.
Moreover, a daycare centre cannot be like your home to your child, but it must be conducive. It is a place where your kid has enough material accompanied by a good environment and loving caretakers and staff to make them feel comfortable and secure.
- 1 What Are The 5 Crucial Points You As A Parent Must Consider When Choosing A Day-Care For Your Kids?
- 2 Conclusion
What Are The 5 Crucial Points You As A Parent Must Consider When Choosing A Day-Care For Your Kids?
1. Environment Of The Day-Care
The space that your child is to stay, share and enjoy for a good number of hours, obviously needs to be clean, attractive, open and allow your child to explore and play. Your kid must learn to explore their environment and develop motor skills, like holding, grasping and socializing with caretakers and his peers. The daycare must have a play area complimented with colourful rooms with plenty of edutainment toys, a sand pit with buckets and trowels, and much more play- cum learning tools.
2. Role Of The Care-Taker
From your lap, the child falls into the hand of caretakers. The caretaker is the next important person after you, who will impact your child greatly. Hence, caretakers should be well-qualified with knowledge of child development and learning. A qualified, soft-spoken, loving caretaker can influence and stay with your child in his memory for a long time. Your child may imbibe many habits and styles from the caretaker.
You must note the caretaker’s presentation, patience with children, speaking skills- soft and clear, how well she conducts herself with the children, all are crucial aspects, that will impact your kid.
3. Well-Behaved Staff-
Along with caretakers the co-helpers and staff also play an important role in your child’s growth. It’s the co-helpers who feed, take your child to the washroom and change and clean when needed. So, you as a parent must also check the quality of co-helpers. However, day-care centres are extremely careful in employing staff and do the necessary checking’s.
4. How & What The Child Will Learn In Day-Care Centre
The daycare centre is a stepping stone to primary school. Your child gets prepared for the big school; hence you must observe if your kid will be taught all the important things. For a better perspective, you must talk and take the opinions of other parents and observe the already enrolled children.
- Your child learns time management- play time, tiffin time, storytime, fun time, etc.
- Your child gets toilet trained. Learns to use the toilet by himself with little assistance.
- Your child learns to identify and take care of his belongings. As your kid grows, he can recognize and acknowledge his bag, tiffin, shoes, etc.
- Your kid learns to socialize, play with their own age group, make friends, learn to recognize his name and his friend’s name and learn behaviour traits with caretakers and among his groups.
- Pre-writing skills- your kid can use crayons and chalk for drawing, scribbling, etc. Gradually your kid learns to hold and control his hands which later helps them to use pencils for writing.
- Listening and identifying words- your kid can recite songs, poems, dance, do yoga, and many more activities. He is slowly introduced to the alphabet and phonetic sounds, which help him to identify and speak letters.
5. You As A Parent Must Also Look To Other Essential Facilities A Day-Care Centre Must Have
- A neat, clean, healthy, and hygienic environment includes children-friendly toilets and wash areas.
- Safe playground areas with outdoor children’s equipment, sandpit, etc.
- Proper and comfortable rest and eating tiffin areas.
- CCTV monitoring, security guards, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers.
- Good and safe transport facility.
- Proximity to home, so that the child need not travel for long distances in the beginning, and parents can also easily reach the child in any need.
The best day care centre for your kid will depend on your individual needs and preferences. However, some factors to consider include the quality of the staff, the curriculum, and the facilities. Visit different daycare centres and talk to the staff and parents of other children to find the perfect place for your child.